Thank you for your interest in the CDA Mentoring Program! This unique program is designed to offer interested doulas (Apprentices) the opportunity to expand their professional experience with the assistance and guidance of qualified professionals in our community (Mentors).
The Mentoring Program details:
- $200 cost to Apprentices that is paid directly to the Mentor with whom an Agreement (Terms of Understanding) is signed.
- 6 month mentoring relationship commitment between Mentor and Apprentice
- CDA provides Apprentices with Mentor resumes and contact information via the CDA website (see Mentor Profiles).
- Apprentices contact Mentors and arrange for interviews. It is up to the Mentor/Apprentice team to insure that their mutual expectations for the relationship are clearly defined.
- Mentor/Apprentices meet at least 1 time per month, unless otherwise mutually agreed upon and specified in their “Program Goals”
- Revolving entry for Apprentices – you can apply anytime!
- Mentor Resume’s Accepted 2 times a year (April and October)
- Mentor Interviews completed 2 times a year (May and November)
- Mentors and Apprentices must be members of the CDA.
- CDA carefully screens mentor applications to insure that Mentors meet program qualifications. This process includes face to face interviews.
- CDA provides Apprentices with Mentor resumes and contact information (Mentor Profiles).
- CDA supports the Mentor and Apprentice teams with online forums.
Any views or opinions presented by birth professionals listed on this site are solely those of the independent birth professional and do not necessarily represent those of the Colorado Doulas Association. The Colorado Doulas Association is not a certification organization and accepts no liability for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided by any of the birth professionals listed or by any of the provided links.